none
Cannot convert data from Host File. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to use the BizTalk adapter for Host Files to receive data from a file on an AS400.  I've put together a Host Column Description file with the names and attributes of the columns in the host file.  When receiving data, BizTalk is raising the following error:

The adapter "HostFiles" raised an error message. Details "There was an error in the receive location with URI: HostFiles://<serverName>:446/<serverName>/KKBIZTALK/da0b33b1-1c3f-42b1-8264-a5d9774b535b, Transport Type:HostFiles. Internal message: Data conversion failed. Ensure that the record data matches the schema specified in the metadata assembly.".

I've verified that my columns line up with what's described in the AS400 file.  However, there is one difference... Some of my column names have special characters in them.  When Imported into BizTalk using the HCD import Wizard, special characters are replaced with underscores.  So for example, a column called "ABC#DE" gets aautomatically replaced in my Host File Metadata Assembly as "ABC_DE"  Is this a reason for concern, or should I be looking for another type of error?

Kartik

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 11:59 PM

Answers

• This seems to have been posted on another thread with a response given asking for more details.
    Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Friday, March 11, 2011 8:29 PM