bitlocker RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows 8 & need my recovery key

• Moved by ZigZag3143x Sunday, January 24, 2016 1:42 AM win 8.1 issue
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:09 PM

Answers

• Then you need to post in the Windows ITG Pro category forum.

This is a Windows & forum, not Windows 8.

However, if you have lost your Bitlocker key, there is absolutely nothing anyone in any forum can do for you!

You must have your original Bitlocker to gain access to your Bitlocker data!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, January 26, 2016 5:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:48 AM
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:05 PM
  • http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-recovery-keys-faq

How can I get my BitLocker recovery key?

Depending on how your PC is set up, there are different ways to get your recovery key.

If your PC is connected to a domain

• Contact your administrator to get your recovery key.

If your PC isn’t connected to a domain

• There are several locations in which your BitLocker recovery key might have been saved. Here are some places to check:

• Your Microsoft account online. This option is only available on non-domain-joined PCs.
        To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• A saved copy of the recovery key. You might have saved a copy of the BitLocker recovery key to a file, a USB flash drive, or printed a hard copy.

• If you saved the key to a file or printed it, find your copy, follow the instructions on your locked PC, and enter your key when prompted.

• If you saved the key to a USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive and follow the instructions on your PC. (If you saved the recovery key as a file on the USB flash drive, you’ll need to open the file and manually enter the recovery key.)

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:26 AM

All replies

• Then you need to post in the Windows ITG Pro category forum.

This is a Windows & forum, not Windows 8.

However, if you have lost your Bitlocker key, there is absolutely nothing anyone in any forum can do for you!

You must have your original Bitlocker to gain access to your Bitlocker data!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:05 PM
  • http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-recovery-keys-faq

How can I get my BitLocker recovery key?

Depending on how your PC is set up, there are different ways to get your recovery key.

If your PC is connected to a domain

• Contact your administrator to get your recovery key.

If your PC isn’t connected to a domain

• There are several locations in which your BitLocker recovery key might have been saved. Here are some places to check:

• Your Microsoft account online. This option is only available on non-domain-joined PCs.
        To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• A saved copy of the recovery key. You might have saved a copy of the BitLocker recovery key to a file, a USB flash drive, or printed a hard copy.

• If you saved the key to a file or printed it, find your copy, follow the instructions on your locked PC, and enter your key when prompted.

• If you saved the key to a USB flash drive, insert the USB flash drive and follow the instructions on your PC. (If you saved the recovery key as a file on the USB flash drive, you’ll need to open the file and manually enter the recovery key.)

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Sunday, January 24, 2016 4:26 AM