reisntall inactive sccm client 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever a computer is reinstalled the SCCM client doesn't seem to get pushed automatically and the existing record in SCCM (2012) is eventually marked inactive.  How does one automatically reinstall inactive clients?  I thought for sure I had it setup this way in SCCM 2007, I must be missing a checkbox somewhere?

Stephen

Friday, September 7, 2012 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How do you reinstall the computers? If you install them with SCCM this is not a problem, if you reinstall them in another way, I would include the client in that installation as the SCCM Server cannot know if a computer is reinstalled as the client agent is already installed on it and it has reported in, then no automatic push will be triggered.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Friday, September 7, 2012 9:30 PM
  • Do not rely on the client push to all the client installations. Use a startup script or a GPO, that way clients will always be reinstalled if they are not installed.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Saturday, September 8, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Thanks for the replies, I thought for sure SCCM would have this kind of feature.  I've got a script that checks every machine on the domain to see if the SCCM service exists and whether or not it is running; I'll have it i nstall the client if the service doesn't exist.
    Monday, September 10, 2012 2:44 PM