none
Cannot unlock bitlocker! Please help :(

Question

• Hi, I ran the bitlocker decryption service in while Windows 10 was installed, It took 3 days and was still stuck in the same place therefore instead of waiting i just formated windows and installed windows 8 and now 2 of my hard disks that were encrypted cannot be read, I have very important data but i cant access it.

I beg you guys please help me, the data that's in the hard disk i cant lose it at all :(

It has not only my personal files, but my work files & my collage assignments that i still didnt submit.

I tried most of the bitlocker commands but i still cant unlock or decrypt it.

Right now im running this repair option but i dont see any hope in it as well :(

Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:11 AM

All replies

• Update: After countless hours of trying to get my data back using all the methods i found in the web, nothing worked at all!!! . So i formatted the full hard disk and used Ease US recovery to recover all the data from the formated hard disk and i was able to recover them. Sucks to know Microsoft sucks at their product that i have to rely on 3rd party.
    Friday, June 29, 2018 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused. Glad to hear that you have found a solution and thank you for sharing it here.

As far as I know, the method below may be work. Here is an example of a C-disk encryption.

•Once you have a command prompt, use the following command to check the BitLocker status of the C drive: manage-bde -status c:

•If the status is returned as locked, you'll need to use the following command to unlock it using your recovery password: manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <your 48-digit recovery password>

•Once the drive is unlocked you'll need to use the following command to suspend protection:  manage-bde -protectors -disable c:

If the issue still insists, as you said, I’m afraid that some third party recovery software may the final approach.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 29, 2018 7:09 AM