application creashes after logging into the application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have sequenced an application called TRS only by launching the shortcut and did not do any functionality testing. It works perfectly in Softgrid client. I also deployed the application via sccm client.When i launch the shortcut of the application in SCCM client the application gets crash after i login to the application.This application consists of ODBC drivers also.
       Another few points i noted is once after i login to the application which was installed via source and click data reports it creates one folder in C:\ and two csv files. lso it creates some run time registry entries when i click the reports inside the application.

kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
    Yuvi.
    Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:40 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Thanks for all your kind advice. Finally one of my team lead found the solution for this issue. The file which was causing the application to crash is MSVBVM60.dll. Thsi dll file was found inside the asset directory (since the application installs the same) as well as in the local PC. when we removed the MSVBVM60.dll from the package the application started to work fine.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

How you identified that any prerequisites are available? Any information from the vendor?

/Znack
    Saturday, August 29, 2009 4:47 PM
  • As per the client advice this application requries Oracle 8.1.7. We have created the DSC also.

Kind Regards,
    Yuvi.

Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Monday, August 31, 2009 6:53 AM
  • When you are launching the seq using SCCM is Oracle also getting cached or not. 
    GNU developer by choice ....
    Monday, August 31, 2009 10:24 AM
  • Yes it is getting cached.
    Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:00 AM
  • Did you make sure the sequencer machine has an ODBC DSN? If no ODBC DSN setting exists on the base Sequencer image and the application being packaged creates one, the entire registry key associated with ODBC settings will become virtualized.  This will prohibit the packaged application from seeing any ODBC DSN settings that exist on the client machine.
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 6:30 PM
  • Yes I made it.  we created a dummy odbc entry also. I  just checked the sequencer client where this application is working and SCCM client where the application is crashing. The only difference i found is there is difference between version of a dlld file called as MSIMTF.dll. The version of the dll inside softgrid client pc is 5.1.2600.2180 but where as the version of the same file is 5.1.2600.5512. Kindly advice.

Kind Regards,
    S.Yuvaraj.
    Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:19 AM
  • One more thing, are you able to replicate this crash on all the clients?
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:29 PM
  • http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599 run "Regsvr32.exe /u msimtf.dll" on base machine and see what happens
    GNU developer by choice ....
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, September 21, 2009 9:08 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:31 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for all your kind advice. Finally one of my team lead found the solution for this issue. The file which was causing the application to crash is MSVBVM60.dll. Thsi dll file was found inside the asset directory (since the application installs the same) as well as in the local PC. when we removed the MSVBVM60.dll from the package the application started to work fine.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 5:24 PM