none
Graphic Indicator Stoplights with text reply also RRS feed

• Question

• IIf([Baseline Finish]>=ProjDateValue("NA"),"Not Baselined",(IIf(ProjDateDiff([Baseline Finish],[Finish],[Project Calendar])/480<=2,"Green - Within 2 days of Baseline Finish",(IIf(ProjDateDiff([Baseline Finish],[Finish],[Project Calendar])/480<=5,"Yellow - Late by " & ([Finish Variance]/480) & " days","Red - Late by " & ([Finish Variance]/480) & " days")))))

I have used the above formula to show how far my project is slipping, In the column itself it reads (text) Green... or yellow late by .... However, I want to then format & click on the graphic indicator icon to say if it equals Green or 2....put a Green stoplight. Unfortunately, it is not working. How can I have text and a graphical indicator at the same time.

Secondly, this field (w/o the indicator) works on my standalone (text only), but once I enterprise the field and publish the project and then go into PWA the field is blank. Anyone having any information would be greatly appreciated...my deadlines are getting closer!

Using Project Professional 2010, Thanks! Confused & Frustrated.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 1:58 PM

Answers

• How about using 'contains', instead of equal to?

Also, remember that the graphical indicators work based on the output of your formula. In this case, your formula's final output is text (although a calculation is involved), so your graphical indicator can only evaluate based on text, not a calculated number.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:08 PM