Event ID 102 on boot RRS feed

• Question

• Says Peer Name Resolution protocol cloud did not start because the creation of the default identity failed with error code 0x80630801.  Does this matter?  What is it?  How to fix?

Following errors are 7023 and 7001 relating to peer name resolution protocol service terminated with the following error.  %% 2140993535.  Again, does this matter?  How to fix?

7001 says peer networking group service depends on peer name resolution protocol which failed to start. 

Tried the fix provided online, registering rsaenh.dll.  Does register.  Does not help.  Also added local service to rsa folder with full control.  No help either.

Checking netsh p2p pnrp cloud show names states:  wsastartup cannot function at this time because the underlying system it uses to provide network services is  currently unavailable

NC Bob

• Edited by NC_Bob Tuesday, November 15, 2011 2:09 AM
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:28 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to locate C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming, then delete the file idstore.sst for a test

Also, you need to check the following things.

1. Open Service Manager=>Find out PNRP related services=>Click and navigate to Log on tab to check whether the account is Local Service.

2. Try to update the driver to latest version or reinstall it.

Regards,
    Juke
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to locate C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming, then delete the file idstore.sst for a test

Also, you need to check the following things.

1. Open Service Manager=>Find out PNRP related services=>Click and navigate to Log on tab to check whether the account is Local Service.

2. Try to update the driver to latest version or reinstall it.

Regards,
    Juke
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:09 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:16 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:12 AM
  • I did remove the idstore.sst file.  However the error seems to have gone away on its own even before I removed that file.  I will check back on it in a few days. 
    NC Bob
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:54 AM
  • Hi,

Since this issue has gone away, I will mark my reply as "Answered". If you have further question on this, please feel free to let me know. You may also choose to unmark this thread.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 10:08 AM