none
Edge UAC unable to reset to allow RRS feed

• Question

• The UAC has been problematic for my users. I have a policy that disables UAS and tighten down security via other measures. Of course Win 10 will block applications if the UAC is diabled. I manually turn back on the UAC but still Edge will not browse. I have edited the registry settings directly to see if some setting "stuck" from the policy but it is secured and using UAC settings. How can I regain browsing?
    Monday, August 10, 2015 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi ummmmbeer,

Thank you for your question.

What is means that “I have a policy that disables UAS and tighten down security via other measures.”?

Did the issue occur on all users which could not open Edge?

Did the user open Edge before we apply to this group policy?

Did the all application not run or just Window Edge?

By my understanding, if disable UAC by group policy, we could enable it by group policy, then restart the client PC or run “GPUpdate /Force” on client PC to check if the issue persist. For troubleshooting, we could run “GPUpdate /Force” on Window server side.

We could run “SFC /ScanNow” on client to check if the issue persist, we could also install patch on August 5 2015 by the following link to check if the issue persist:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081424

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 7:30 AM