none
SharePoint 2010 - Exchange 2010 - SMTP Outgoing email RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to setup the outgoing email settings on my sharepoint 2010 Server.

I have installed an exchange 2010 server out of the box but when I type in the FQDN address to the exchange 2010 server in the outgoing settings on the SharePoint 2010 page I'm not getting any emails from the sharepoint 2010 server.

How can I configure my Exchange 2010 server to work with SharePoint Server 2010 for outgoing email notifications?

I went through this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263462.aspx#section3 and I configured the SMTP service on the SharePoint Server...however how can I test that the email notifications are in fact being sent. I've subscribed to several alerts on document libraries but I'm still not receiving any emails on my exchange user emaill box.

Conceptually I believe I have to configure the SMTP service to point to the exchange server so that the exchange server will send the notifications to an exchange user mailbox, is this not correct?

I'm not connecting the dots between the SMTP relay, the Exchange server configuration, and the SharePoint Server configuration. Any pointers?

Friday, June 4, 2010 12:46 PM

Answers