Flow distinguished name (dn) from Portal -> FIM -> AD error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

i have a Problem with FIM 2010 R2. Here is a short summary:

I am flowing Persons from the FIM Portal into an Active Directory. One of the Attributes is the Organisation. The DN is build variable depending on the Organisation. If a Person changes the Organisation it creates a new DN.

The initial DN flow works fine into the AD.

But the flow after changing the Organisation does not change the DN in the AD and does not set the user into another OU.

I have implemented one DN flow initial and another one not initial in the FIM portal.

now i tried to use a metaverse Extension for that. I am getting the following error now:

The partition filter criteria for management agent "ADMA" do not include an object with DN "cn=Dani Depression\,ou\=Benutzer\,ou\=ou1\,dc\=domain\,dc\=local" and object classes user. The error is produced at "csentry = connected_ADDS.Connectors.ByIndex(0)".

Public Sub Provision(ByVal mventry As MVEntry) Implements IMVSynchronization.Provision

If mventry.ObjectType.Equals("person") Then
                'If mventry("AccountName").IsPresent Then

If mventry("_dn").IsPresent Then

Dim csentry As CSEntry
                    Dim dn As ReferenceValue
                    Dim rdn As String
                    Dim connected_ADDS As ConnectedMA
                    connected_ADDS = mventry.ConnectedMAs("ADMA")

rdn = mventry("_dn").Value

dn = connected_ADDS.EscapeDNComponent(rdn)

If connected_ADDS.Connectors.Count = 0 Then

csentry = connected_ADDS.Connectors.StartNewConnector("user")
                        csentry.DN = dn
                        csentry.CommitNewConnector()

ElseIf connected_ADDS.Connectors.Count = 1 Then

csentry = connected_ADDS.Connectors.ByIndex(0) <-- error is produced by this one
                        csentry.DN = dn 

Else
                        Throw New UnexpectedDataException("Multiple AD connectors!")
                    End If
                End If
            End If

End Sub

Does anybody know how to change the DN in the AD via FIM portal / FIM Sync Engine WITHOUT using any Extensions??

Kind regards,

Pascal

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:48 PM

Answers

• Thank you Patrick and Glenn. But now i found the reason why it didn't work.

I found out, that the DN was not changed in the Metaverse as well.

The Organisation attribute was not flowed into the Metaverse. I had to change that and now it works fine. And i don't have to use the Extension for it!!

Thank you for your help anyway!

Kind regards,

Pascal

Monday, October 15, 2012 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think the floowing line cause you the problem: dn =connected_ADDS.EscapeDNComponent(rdn)

You have to separate the CN from the rest of the DN and apply at the following way:

dn =connected_ADDS.EscapeDNComponent(CN=...).Concat(OU=...,DC=...)

Patrick.

Patrick Layani

Sunday, October 14, 2012 2:42 PM
  • Pascal,

Having a second flow for DN without having initial flow only is the correct way to go. I suspect that this is not working because in the scenario, the organization attribute is not being changed before it gets to second flow rule where it would be used to construct the DN. Could you possibly show how you are flowing this?

Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:38 PM
  • Thank you Patrick and Glenn. But now i found the reason why it didn't work.

I found out, that the DN was not changed in the Metaverse as well.

The Organisation attribute was not flowed into the Metaverse. I had to change that and now it works fine. And i don't have to use the Extension for it!!

Thank you for your help anyway!

Kind regards,

Pascal

Monday, October 15, 2012 7:36 AM