Server Manager crashing on Startup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm running Windows Server 2008 Standard with SP2 on it. Awhile back, the hard drives were failing horribly so we installed 2 SSD's in raid 1. There are then four more hard drives 5 for data storage. When the system drives were failing, we mirrored them to the SSDs to avoid having to reinstall and restore all the server roles and applications, because that would be a major pain in the butt. 

As a result of the failing hard drives, the active directory database became partially corrupt and I couldn't run Windows updates, SFC Scan, or many other windows functions. I have since resolved these two issues. Updates are working and I repaired the database. 

However, I cannot open server manager to add/remove roles. servermanagercmd.exe shows there are no installed roles and does not allow me to install new roles which leads me to believe there is some other corruption that is linked to the server roles. 

I have tried removing the two .NET security updates that were linked to this issue, I tried changing DCOM settings, and many other things. 

Does anyone have some experience or other recommendations on resolving this issue?

Any help would be great!! Thank you

Sunday, July 6, 2014 9:42 PM

All replies