Site Collection disappeared after deleting managed path (WSS 3.0) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Today by mistake I deleted a managed path (/) from a WSS 3.0 Site Collection. After doing this the site 404'd (eek!). So I recreated the managed path for the application only minutes later. This got the site collection back online - all working fine from the front end.

Now however, in Central Administration --> Application Management --> Site Collection List, the Site Collection is not listed for the application. As a result I cannot change any settings for the Site Collection as Central Administration does not even recognise that the Site Collection exists!

I can't even delete the Site Collection! If I try to do so, Central Administration asks you to select the Application, and when I do this there's no Site Collections listed under the Application!

How can I get Central Administration to recognise the Site Collection again? I'm thinking that I may be able to re-create the Site Collection via the Wizard with all the identical details of the original collection? Is this possible?

Note - the Site Collection is actually working fine again, but Central Admin simply doesn't see it/recognise it. Please help!
    I do have a Full Farm Backup taken via the Central Admin site.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 11:33 AM

Answers

All replies