SCSM 2012 R2 HTML5 Portal - Sorting Offerings RRS feed

• Question

• We have got the new HTML5 portal up and running and have a question regarding the order that the portal is displaying Service Offerings and related Request Offerings. From what I can tell so far the portal is displaying offerings in an ascending fashion based on the BaseManagedEntityId for the related offering.

Is this correct and is it possible to alter the order that the portal displays offerings, say alphabetical based on display name or title rather than this GUID?

Friday, December 11, 2015 9:28 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Hope the below information be helpful:

Arrow icon buttons at the top right of the Columns to display ListView allow the user to change the order in which columns are displayed on the portal (the topmost row in the ListView corresponds to the leftmost column rendered in the Silverlight DataGrid). To remove a column, a request author can uncheck the corresponding property or select the column in the ListView and then click the icon button with the red “X” directly above the list view.

Quote from:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/11/08/request-offering-wizard-overview.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 21, 2015 1:59 AM
  • It seems that the answer from Yan Li addresses the old SharePoint\Silverlight based portal and not the new HTML5 portal. Probably not intentional :-)

I can only add my own questions about this because I currently don't see any customizations available to sort Offerings.

1. How to sort the Service Offerings when using more than one?

2. Is the Service Offering Category List relevant in the new Portal?

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:28 PM
  • I don't believe the post from Yan Li is relevant to this issue with the new portal.

So far, from what I can tell the Service Offering Category isn't anywhere in the new portal. It would be nice to have the ability to sort offerings under the catalog and then the subsequent request offerings. Even if it just defaulted to alphabetical, that would be better than the seemingly random display now.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:37 PM
  • In next Update for portal (coming soon), offering list will be sorted.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Excellent news. Any idea how they will be sorted or if it will be possible for us to specify a custom order?
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 3:41 PM
  • Was this in the last release? I applied it and the offerings were still not sorted. I figured out how to do it with some customizations in Offerings.cshtml and ServiceRequestDetails.cshtml, but I may roll those back if there should already be something built in.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 9:50 PM
  • Yes, this has been fixed in latest release.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:25 AM
  • I have the newest update and Request Offerings are not sorted.

I threw a bunch of request offerings into a service offering and the list goes:

Add to Security Group
    A Fake Offering
    Generic Incident Request
    A New Fake Offering
    act
    Change Company
    Add Additional E-mail
    Change Name
    Create Account
    Install
    Change Location

So sorting doesn't seem to be taking effect. At least not alphabetical sorting.

I have the newest patch in my dev environment (where this was tested).

Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:59 PM
  • With latest update only ordering of Service Offerings are fixed as that was what many customer asked. Order of Request Offerings is unchanged.
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:55 PM
  • Will the ordering of request offerings be added?
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 6:56 PM
  • Add following line at start of Views\Home\ServiceRequestDetails.cshtml file -

@{
          List<Dictionary<string, object>> requestOfferings = ViewBag.RequestOfferingsDetails;
          requestOfferings = requestOfferings.OrderBy(x => x["Title"]).ThenByDescending(x => x["Title"]).ToList();

string placeholderbase64string = ....
    }
    Monday, February 22, 2016 6:37 AM
  • If you'd like to sort the list of Service Offerings, then add the following line to the \Views\Home\Offerings.cshtml file:

List<Dictionary<string, object>> serviceOfferings = ViewBag.ServiceOfferings;

serviceOfferings = serviceOfferings.OrderBy(x => x["Title"]).ThenByDescending(x => x["Title"]).ToList();

Regards

Marcus

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:08 PM
  • My portal sorts requestOfferings in alphabeticle order but I want to sort in a specific order. What code can I sue to specify a specific order?

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 9:47 PM
  • I got an error when added the code at very start of the line like @{...} and removed the line "string placeholderbase64string = ....".  The error states " CS0136: A local variable name 'requestOfferings' can not be declared in this scope because it would give a different meaning to 'requestOfferings' which is already used in a 'parent or current' scope to denote something else". How to solve this error? (I am using SCSM 2016 trail version recent one).

Regards, Nishant

Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:15 PM