Windows and tray popups don't work well with taskbar on top (Windows7 RTM) RRS feed

• General discussion

• General Issue 1:
    It should not be allowed for windows to appear under the taskbar when it is locked.  This happens frequently and with the controls on the top of windows (like the close button), I sometimes have to unlock and move the taskbar to the side, then close the window, and then move and re-lock the taskbar.  It's incredibly annoying and the OS should just not be permitting this. 

Issue 2:
    I installed drivers for an nVidia 8500GT, then pulled the card to use the integrated Intel graphics controller.  But after doing that, I have a boomerang thing in my tray and when I click on it, it opens beneath the tray item popout container that is new to Windows7, making the window inaccessible (See screenshot).  Also, it still shows something about nVidia which is no longer installed in the system. 

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
    Intel dialog changes to nVidia after clicking? 

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
    nVidia Dialog and help but no nVidia card is installed...  Help dialog titlebar is under taskbar. 

Side Comment: Windows7 needs to be a highly polished OS from day one.  Issues like this need to be fixed. 

-Valkyrie-MT
    • Changed type Valkyrie-MT3 Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:52 PM
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 3:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the #1, I will report it to our feedback team, they will check it.

Regarding the #2, Could you please remove nVidia drivers from computer to test the issue?

Thanks.

Monday, September 21, 2009 7:42 AM