none
FAILURE (9705): Unable to find USMT Files - SCCM UDI Replace RRS feed

• Question

• There seem to be a lot of missing lines of code in the new ZTIUserState.wsf script that determines where the USMT files are located.

Current error:

Checking for USMT Files in D:\_SMSTaskSequence\WDPackage\Tools\x64\amd64

FAILURE ( 9705 ): Unable to find USMT files, cannot capture/restore user state.

SCCM TS, by default places the USMT files under %DeployRoot%\USMT

Is this an intended change, and updated information for the TS that we should be using?  or is this a bug that needs to be resolved?

Friday, November 20, 2015 7:29 PM

All replies

• Solved this.

In your UDI Replace TS, change the "Stage USMT Files" task

cmd /c xcopy  /E /C /I /Y  . %DeployRoot%\USMT

TO:

cmd /c xcopy  /E /C /I /Y  . %ToolRoot%

Friday, November 20, 2015 10:29 PM
  • I'm having the same problem with my MDT UDI Replace (Capture) Task Sequence.
    Now changed the Stage USMT Files step as mentioned above but still gives me the same error.

USMT scan state failed.

Checking for USMT Files in D:\_SMSTaskSequence\WDPackage\Tools\x64\amd64    ZTIUserState    24/02/2016 23:10:59    0 (0x0000)
    FAILURE ( 9705 ): Unable to find USMT files, cannot capture/restore user state.    ZTIUserState    24/02/2016 23:10:59    0 (0x0000)

It's still searching in the same directory as before.
    Altough I changed the task sequence step.

EDIT:

I ended up changing a line in ZTIUserState.wsf:
    Line 137
    ' sScanStateFolder = oShell.CurrentDirectory & "\" & sUSMTArchitecture
    sScanStateFolder = oEnvironment.Item("DeployRoot") & "\USMT\" & sUSMTArchitecture

After the edit update package to DP and rerun Task Sequence from Computer you want to capture/replace.

This works.

• Edited by HFroyen Wednesday, February 24, 2016 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 1:15 PM
  • Thank you for this!!! This was my exact issue. I want to note that you must undo the copy change suggested earlier for this to work.
    Friday, June 23, 2017 6:04 PM