WSUS can it manage update from W10 insider (channel slow & fast) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

It's not very clear, i didn't found any informations that concern this updates W10 Insider with WSUS.

Regards,

Monday, July 4, 2016 2:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Stephane AUDRAIN,

Windows 10 insider build is mainly designed for testing and finding out bugs, and include people who are willing to join that group and feed back to MS.

While WSUS server is mainly designed for Enterprise environment, whose clients are mainly installed public and stable OS.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it's not a good choice to use WSUS server to update Win10 insider.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Stephane AUDRAIN,

Windows 10 insider build is mainly designed for testing and finding out bugs, and include people who are willing to join that group and feed back to MS.

While WSUS server is mainly designed for Enterprise environment, whose clients are mainly installed public and stable OS.

So, as far as I'm concerned, it's not a good choice to use WSUS server to update Win10 insider.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 9:20 AM
  • I'am agree with you, but it's very difficult to manage update insider with proxy.

WSUS is a best way for that.

My question is often hold on.

Best regards,

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 7:23 AM
  • Hi Stephane AUDRAIN,

Sorry but I still didn't find the answer about deploying update for Windows 10 Insider via WSUS.

Since you may have conditions to test for it, then have you tried it in your lab and do you get any progress, welcome to share information.

Best Regards,

Anne 

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 7:55 AM