none
Notification by data from a custom field RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to send a notification or alert mail On the 1st day of each month to “Initiator” , “Project_Manager” , “Space Owner” (OwnerT) - all of those are text entry custom fields users.

Is is possible to get an alerts for the users in the custom field rather than the resources.

venkat

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:08 PM

Answers

• Thanks Paul,

I will try and let you know if I face any issue.

Thanks a Lot for your support.

venkat

• Marked as answer by Venkatrao G Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:20 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That should be possible assuming the Initiator, Project manager, Space Owner can be matched against 'real' resources/users so the correct email address can be found. Then you can use reporting services to generate the report and send it automatically via email.

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:25 PM
  • Thanks Paul for your reply,

It's giving me hope to do this, I will explore the reporting services to generate the report, because they are 'real' resources in Enterprise resource pool.

We are using project server 2007 environment. (SP 2007, Sql Server 2005)

Could you please tell me step by step procedure to achieve this or any articles?

venkat

Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:37 AM
  • Hi Venkat,

Here is what I am suggesting:

1. Create a report that will use the Initiator etc as parameter

2. Then you can try to find the email address by matching the initiator against resource names (maybe you have the same lookup table used for a resource custom field - it will make matching the two easier)

3. Create the report using the msp_epmtask_userview and filter using the Initiator (etc.)

4. have a report subscription that will deliver the report by email etc.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155911(v=sql.90).aspx

4. a. you will need to generate a report for each Initiator so a Data-Subscription  will help (you would need SQL Server Enterprise Edition for that)

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:10 AM
  • Thanks Paul,

I will try and let you know if I face any issue.

Thanks a Lot for your support.

venkat

• Marked as answer by Venkatrao G Wednesday, December 6, 2017 7:20 AM
    Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:31 AM