none
DPM2012 installation prompt for CD of Server 2008 R2 tools and Workstation Components RRS feed

• General discussion

• hi team, i am trying to setup a new DPM 2012 in lab and got one issue. I downloaed the 2 evaluation files of dpm2012 extracted to local. it's not ISO,strangely. then I ran it to install, at the stage of install sql 2008r2 tools and workstation components ,it promted me for CD. and it seems not in these 2 folders. My SQL server 2008 is on another VM with report server installed. any advice please? thanks

Thanks and best regards, -- KF

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:23 AM

All replies

• 2nd zip file not extracted properly. file missing. re-extract the 2 zip files to one folder.then ok.

Thanks and best regards, -- KF

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:50 AM
  • Hi,

Just navigate to the SQLSVR2008R2 folder on the DPM2012 media and that should work.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 11:01 PM