Word 2010 - Table cell sizes have changed automatically RRS feed

• Question

• I created templates for multiple documents using Word 2010 in the last few years.  Recently, our versions of 2010 in the office open the documents created from these templates with a screwed up cell arrangement.  However, if the same document is opened in 2007 or 2013 on other's PC's, the table appears fine. (Yes, we have just upgraded four PC's from 2007 to 2013.)  I have it narrowed down to Word 2010 program itself, no matter which computer I use, so it's not a personal / custom setting.  The table is inserted into the header of our documents with revision information, date, document no., etc.

Pasted table:

------>

s

DOCUMENT TITLE

QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

DOCUMENT NO.

I-xxxxx

REV

DCO NO.

xxxx

REVISED BY

J. Smith

DATE

x/x/xx

SHEET      1      OF    1

THESE DRAWINGS AND SPECIFICATIONS ARE THE PROPERTY OF XXXXXX AND SHALL NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED, OR USED FOR MANUFACTURE OR SALE OF APPARATUS WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.

<-------

Note: Our company logo resides in the empty cell. The cells are missing borders. 

Any idea why the header table will open and print fine in Word 2007 & 2013, but not work at all in 2010?  I don't want to chase my tail by reprogramming every document (+500).  Are recent MS Office updates to blame, since it worked fine a up until a month ago on all our office PCs with MS 2010? 

- One ticked off Engieer

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to install the following hotfix and then check the issue again:

Hotfix 2881059 for Word 2010 June 10, 2014 (Word-x-none.msp)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2881059

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Friday, August 1, 2014 8:04 AM
  • Steve,

I downloaded the hotfix for KB2881059 and attempted to install it, however I received the message: "The update is already installed on this system."  Install aborted.

With this already installed, it must not have helped... or it caused the issue after being installed in May/June?

Is there another hotfix file available?  I have run system update multiple times.

Should I try uninstalling a hotfix?

Thank you.

Monday, August 4, 2014 7:20 PM
  • Bump ???  

Still waiting for some advice.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:17 PM