SAP GUI 7.1 not found file in local drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I sequence SAP GUI 7.1 it's work.

But the enterprise where i work, use the GPO to distribute file "saplogon.ini" in c:\windows and the
    file "services" in c:\windows\system32\dev\etc.

when i launch sap it's can found saplogon.ini,but can't found services.

if i run explore file with "APP-V 4.5 client diagnostique and configuration tools" on package SAP,i go in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ is empty ,in b:\sapinst\vfs\...\ is empty.

i stop this explorer file and SAP buble,i found services in c:\..\..\..\etc

can you help me please ?

Thank before
    Monday, May 18, 2009 6:59 AM

Answers

• Hello

i found solution.
    it's work!!!!!!!

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
    <SOFTPKG GUID="985EFA99-7480-4910-A250-DC6BAC1E399E" NAME="SAP Logon Pad" VERSION="1.0">
        <IMPLEMENTATION>
            <CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:554/SAPGUI71/SAPGUI71_9.sft" GUID="EFD7582A-0A07-472C-AF83-1F6EF028676E" PARAMETERS="" FILENAME="%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\saplgpad.s8l" SYSGUARDFILE="SAPinst\osguard.cp" SIZE="477568706"/>
            <VM VALUE="Win32">
                <SUBSYSTEM VALUE="windows"/>
            </VM>
            <VIRTUALENV TERMINATECHILDREN="TRUE">
                <POLICIES>
                    <VIRTUAL_SERVICES_DISABLED>TRUE</VIRTUAL_SERVICES_DISABLED>
                    <LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>TRUE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>
                </POLICIES>
                <ENVLIST>
                    <ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE="PATH">%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\;%PATH%;"%SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\SAP\Common Files";%PATH%;"%SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_WINDOWS\WinSxS\Manifest";%PATH%;"%SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_WINDOWS\WinSxS\Policies;</ENVIRONMENT>
                </ENVLIST>
            </VIRTUALENV>
            <WORKINGDIR>%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SAP\SAPsetup\setup\SAL</WORKINGDIR>
            <OS VALUE="WinXP"/>
        </IMPLEMENTATION>
        <DEPENDENCY>
            <SCRIPT EVENT="STREAM" TIMING="POST" PROTECT="TRUE" WAIT="TRUE" TIMEOUT="5">
                <SCRIPTBODY>@echo off \n
                                    mkdir b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\drivers \n
                                    mkdir b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\drivers\etc \n
                                    copy /y c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\drivers\etc\ \n
                                                    copy /y c:\windows\SAPlogon.ini b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_windows\ \n</SCRIPTBODY>
            </SCRIPT>
            <CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.5.0.0"/>
        </DEPENDENCY>
        <MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
            <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" FILENAME="SAP Logon Pad.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="SAP Logon Pad" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/SAPGUI71 Icons/SAP Logon Pad.ico"/>
            <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_PROGRAMS%\SAP Front End" FILENAME="SAP Logon Pad.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="SAP Logon Pad" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/SAPGUI71 Icons/SAP Logon Pad.ico"/>
        </MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
        <MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
            <PROGIDLIST/>
            <FILEEXTENSIONLIST/>
        </MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
        <ABSTRACT>Avec .NET 2.0  ;  VCruntimes2005 ;</ABSTRACT>
        <PACKAGE NAME="SAPGUI71"/>
    </SOFTPKG>
    • Marked as answer by XAndine Friday, May 22, 2009 8:49 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2009 8:49 AM

All replies

• It's not supported to virtualize the HOSTS (and I think that also makes Services) file in the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc dir. You'll need to distrubute them in some other way and from reading I guess you have, since it's in the physical location already.

If the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc is virtualized inside your package(it present in the package and yellow colored) this could explain the behavior you're seeing. So delete the entries for the etc directory from you package in the Sequencer and try again.

Jurjen
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:31 AM
  • Hello,

Services can be virtualized. Hosts I don't know..., probably not.

/Nicke
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:38 AM
  • Helllo

thanx for information.

Bublle SAP can take saplogon.ini in locale computer (c:\windows\saplogon.ini)
    but SAP can't take ou merge folder virtualize with locale for file services in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\servicies.

i tested to use this line in OSD

<DEPENDENCY>
            <SCRIPT EVENT="STREAM" TIMING="PRE" PROTECT="TRUE" WAIT="TRUE" TIMEOUT="0">
                <SCRIPTBODY>@echo off \n
                                    copy /y %windir%\system32\drivers\etc %SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\DRIVERS \n
                                    xcopy /S /y %windir%\system32\drivers\etc %SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\Drivers\ \n
                                    pause \n</SCRIPTBODY>
            </SCRIPT>
        </DEPENDENCY>

Not work ARGrrrrr !!! ;)

have you an idea ?
    Monday, May 18, 2009 1:14 PM
  • Hello,

There are a number of ways to specify the saplogon.ini, please ask SAP-personal because the best way todo it depends on version of SAP and your needs.

To avoid the issue you are having try placing an updated file in the correct-directory during sequencing.

Regarding the services file, I usally configure it during sequencing and everything is well.

/Znack
    Monday, May 18, 2009 1:18 PM
  • Hello

the problemes, it existe files "services"and "saplogin.ini" for each users in the domaine.
    deployed by GPO when user login.
    or SAP virtualized can accesse to "saplogon.ini" in local "c:\windows .
    but not access "sevices" in c:\windows\systems32\drivers\etc
    Monday, May 18, 2009 1:29 PM
  • When you are on the Sequencer - are there any other files inside \VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\driver\etc besides the "service" file?.
    If not, you can tra to delete the whole folder during monitoring (and thus remove the folder from the virtual file system) - the client then should fall back to the local folder (and as I understood there a "services" file exists).

Or, of you are on the Sequencer (with the package open) you may try to change the "virtualization mode" in the Virtual File System tab. When you right-click the "etc" folder you should be able to change the mode from "virtualized" to "merged" (or vice-versa).

Falko
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:58 AM
  • Hello

i found solution.
    it's work!!!!!!!

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
    <SOFTPKG GUID="985EFA99-7480-4910-A250-DC6BAC1E399E" NAME="SAP Logon Pad" VERSION="1.0">
        <IMPLEMENTATION>
            <CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:554/SAPGUI71/SAPGUI71_9.sft" GUID="EFD7582A-0A07-472C-AF83-1F6EF028676E" PARAMETERS="" FILENAME="%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SAP\SapSetup\setup\SAL\saplgpad.s8l" SYSGUARDFILE="SAPinst\osguard.cp" SIZE="477568706"/>
            <VM VALUE="Win32">
                <SUBSYSTEM VALUE="windows"/>
            </VM>
            <VIRTUALENV TERMINATECHILDREN="TRUE">
                <POLICIES>
                    <VIRTUAL_SERVICES_DISABLED>TRUE</VIRTUAL_SERVICES_DISABLED>
                    <LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>TRUE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>
                </POLICIES>
                <ENVLIST>
                    <ENVIRONMENT VARIABLE="PATH">%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\;%PATH%;"%SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\SAP\Common Files";%PATH%;"%SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_WINDOWS\WinSxS\Manifest";%PATH%;"%SFT_MNT%\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_WINDOWS\WinSxS\Policies;</ENVIRONMENT>
                </ENVLIST>
            </VIRTUALENV>
            <WORKINGDIR>%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\SAP\SAPsetup\setup\SAL</WORKINGDIR>
            <OS VALUE="WinXP"/>
        </IMPLEMENTATION>
        <DEPENDENCY>
            <SCRIPT EVENT="STREAM" TIMING="POST" PROTECT="TRUE" WAIT="TRUE" TIMEOUT="5">
                <SCRIPTBODY>@echo off \n
                                    mkdir b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\drivers \n
                                    mkdir b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\drivers\etc \n
                                    copy /y c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_SYSTEM\drivers\etc\ \n
                                                    copy /y c:\windows\SAPlogon.ini b:\SAPinst\VFS\CSIDL_windows\ \n</SCRIPTBODY>
            </SCRIPT>
        </DEPENDENCY>
        <MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
            <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" FILENAME="SAP Logon Pad.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="SAP Logon Pad" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/SAPGUI71 Icons/SAP Logon Pad.ico"/>
            <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_PROGRAMS%\SAP Front End" FILENAME="SAP Logon Pad.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="SAP Logon Pad" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/SAPGUI71 Icons/SAP Logon Pad.ico"/>
        </MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
        <MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
            <PROGIDLIST/>
            <FILEEXTENSIONLIST/>
        </MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
        <ABSTRACT>Avec .NET 2.0  ;  VCruntimes2005 ;</ABSTRACT>
        <PACKAGE NAME="SAPGUI71"/>
    </SOFTPKG>
    • Marked as answer by XAndine Friday, May 22, 2009 8:49 AM
    Friday, May 22, 2009 8:49 AM