none
IE-11 is trying to Download a HTML web page as a download program? Publisher could not be verified. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,Here is a strange one, I am trying to open a web page and I get the Internet Explorer - Security Warning.  The publisher could not be verified.  Are you sure you want to install this software?

name: MainIndex.html

Publisher: Unknown Publisher

Gives you the install and Don't Install buttons, click either of them and nothing happens, well not totally true the warning box goes away.

Did a search and basically turned everything to Min security, enabled all items in the security, looked for any addins that may have been needed.  Can not find anyway around this as of yet.  Anyone have any good ideas how to get around this or how to stop it from happening. 

Stephen Surratt

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It should be caused by what IE 11 cannot parse HTML file. So i suggest you try to repair those corrupt dll files for IE 11.
    Please run the following commands with elevated privilege one by one:

regsvr32 shell32.dll
    regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll

If there is any dll file failing to register, it indicates this dll is corrupt.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:34 AM