Alert: Exchange 2007 Test OWA Connectivity Internal Alert Twice in one minute? RRS feed

• Question

• I get this server twice in one minute then 3 to 5 minutes later both alerts close.

Alert: Exchange 2007 Test OWA Connectivity Internal Alert

Source: OWA Internal Connectivity (xchangecas  to xcchangemailbox)

Path: exchange server

Last modified by: System

Last modified time: 8/18/2012 11:50:04 PM Alert description: Unable to execute Test-OwaConnectivity cmdlet. The connection cache size can only be set once.

I have seen this answer in another post.

Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack Guide for Operations Manager 2007 SP1
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/E/D/1ED18BCA-B96D-4184-89DB-EDD9A77E5040/OM2007_MP_EX2007_SP1.doc

When you set up multiple synthetic transactions on a Client Access server, you might see an error message (The connection cache size can only be set once) when you run the synthetic transactions for the first time. The message is raised as an alert. When the synthetic transactions run again, if they are successful, you can safely ignore the original alert. If you should receive this error message again, you can adjust the Test Frequency and Time-out values for the synthetic transaction.

Please read the MP guide for more information."

My question is how do I know it was successful if it runs again. Does it give the exact same alert like I'm getting (duplicates)? How would I know if I should adjust the frequency or timeout value? Thanks

Monday, August 20, 2012 4:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please run the cmdlet manually and see if it works:

Test-OwaConnectivity
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997682(v=exchg.80).aspx

Based on my understanding, if it works fine, you can try adjusting the Test Frequency and Time-out values as the document said and check if the alert will occur.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:11 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mariod7 Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:27 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:47 AM
  • I figured out why there was duplicates. I had overlapping scom subscriptions but I need to know what it means when it says Unable to execute Test-OwaConnectivity cmdlet. The connection cache size can only be set once? This occurs on every alert!

Does it mean this monitor failed to work? Does it mean the monitor is working and action should be taken? It looks like an alert that the Test Owa alert is broken to me.

WHen I ran the test-owaconnectivity I got this back.

ClientAccessServer MailboxServer URL                     Scenario Result  Latency Error

(ms)

------------------ ------------- ---                     -------- ------  ------- -----

servername         xp008msx      https://servername/owa Logon    Success 7396.74

I also tried changing the interval to 600 from 900 and  timeout from 60 to  300 and timeout seconds from 300 to 660. We still recieved the alert. I don't know what the difference between timeout and timeout seconds is either.

Thanks 

Darrell Marion

Thursday, September 13, 2012 4:36 PM