none
Exchagne 2013 Replay directory not delivering emails

Question

• we have 3 exchange 2013 servers, recently our team deployed a new FAX server, when fax server sent an email to EX1 replay directory it is delivering to recipient,  but if fax arrives to EX2 replay directory it was getting struck there only and not delivering to any where. same case as EX3 too. Emails are pilled up in EX2 and Ex3 .But if i copy EX2 email to EX1 Replay directory email is getting delivered to recipient. Currently PAM hosted on EX1. Suspecting is there any issue with Ex2,EX3 replay directory?

Monday, April 11, 2016 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Base on your description, please try to restart Microsoft Exchange Transport Service on each Mailbox servers.

Also, run Get-ServerComponentState to check the component state for problematic mailbox server, special HubTransport.
    If the state is Inactive, please run below command to active relevant component:

Set-ServerComponentState <Identity> -Component “component name” -Requester HealthAPI -State Active

More details about Server Component States in Exchange 2013, please refer to:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/09/26/server-component-states-in-exchange-2013.aspx

If this issue persists, please try to run "Get-TransportService | FL Name,Replay*,Pickup*" to list the configuration of replay directory.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:09 AM

All replies

• What do you mean "sent an email to...replay directory"?  How do you send a message to a directory?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:28 AM
  • Hi,

Base on your description, please try to restart Microsoft Exchange Transport Service on each Mailbox servers.

Also, run Get-ServerComponentState to check the component state for problematic mailbox server, special HubTransport.
    If the state is Inactive, please run below command to active relevant component:

Set-ServerComponentState <Identity> -Component “component name” -Requester HealthAPI -State Active

More details about Server Component States in Exchange 2013, please refer to:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2013/09/26/server-component-states-in-exchange-2013.aspx

If this issue persists, please try to run "Get-TransportService | FL Name,Replay*,Pickup*" to list the configuration of replay directory.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:09 AM
  • Hi Allen, I Think you are right :) when i check the Component State of Ex2 and EX3 Transport servers "Hubtransport" component status was showing as "Draining". I have used the command to change the status to "Active" but still it was showing as "Draining". I have Restarted Ex3 and Ex2 Servers but No use.. But in Registry i could see both keys as HealthAPI and Maintenance. Appriciate your response and Thanks for your Help

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

Draining means that Exchange server has been set to maintenance mode. It's used to software/hardware maintenance or troubleshooting.

Do you have deploy DAG in your environment?
    Please refer to "How do I take the sever Servers out of Maintenance Mode?" section to turn off maintenance mode: http://blogs.technet.com/b/nawar/archive/2014/03/30/exchange-2013-maintenance-mode.aspx

Allen Wang

Friday, April 15, 2016 2:31 AM