none
1.95GB site limit RRS feed

• Question

• There is a warning in PWA that my site collection is full, and when I look at Storage Metrics it shows that there is a 1.95GB limit. According to the link below, we should have a 10GB per site limit, not 2GB for the entire collection. SharePoint is also supposed to have up to a 1TB limit per site collection. Is the 1.95GB limit due to actions by the SharePoint admin, or is it a different problem?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Project-Online-software-boundaries-and-limits-5a09dbce-1e68-4a7b-b099-d5f1b21ba489

Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I just tested it and indeed it seems like the default tenant has a 1,95GB limit, but if your generate a new one (you can have up to 7 PWA), it will have a 10GB limit. Maybe other experts will give us more information about this. Otherwise I'll try to have more information from MS and come back to you.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by EricAnSM Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:53 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I just tested it and indeed it seems like the default tenant has a 1,95GB limit, but if your generate a new one (you can have up to 7 PWA), it will have a 10GB limit. Maybe other experts will give us more information about this. Otherwise I'll try to have more information from MS and come back to you.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by EricAnSM Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:53 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Thank you for the help. We are planning on having hundreds of subsites, each with several gigabytes of data. Obviously even 10GB is not enough. I suppose we will have to look into purchasing additional storage anyways. Expanding to 10GB in the meantime would be very helpful, though.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Turns out it was as simple as having the SharePoint admin expand our quota. But I will let them know about the 10GB limit on new collections.
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:53 PM
  • Was your SharePoint admin able to expand the quota passed 10GB, or just to 10GB?

Ian

Friday, July 24, 2015 3:30 PM
  • They've expanded it to 4GB for the time being. 
    Friday, July 24, 2015 6:15 PM