none
Project Export Wizard - How To Save Custom Mapping to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I've added custom fields so a status report can be pulled from the plan.  I want to select 'Save As' - Excel Workbook - and use the wizard to map the columns I want from the Project file into Excel.  I select 'Selected Data' - then select 'New map' - then select 'Tasks' and hit 'Next'.  That gives me the Task Mapping window. 

It all works fine - and generates the Excel file - with the exact mappings I want.  I want to be able to generate an updated view of this data on a weekly basis.  What I would expect to have is the ability to select 'Use existing map' when I launch the wizard subsequent times.  However, I cannot figure out how to "save" my custom mapping - and be able to select running it again.  However, when I select 'Use existing map' from the wizard - I do not see my previously generated report mapping.

Is there a way to do this?  Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Friday, May 27, 2011 8:49 PM

Answers

• Donahue,

After you finish mapping, and before you click Finish, you will see the screen that will give you the option "Save Map". If you click that button and save the map, you can use that the next time by clicking 'Use existing Map" and selecting from the list.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://thinkepm.blogspot.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 11:53 PM