Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)! RRS feed

• General discussion

• We’ve listened to your feedback on how we can enhance the forum experience. Microsoft Q&A (Preview) allows us to add new functionality and enables easier access to all the technical resources most useful to you, like Microsoft Docs and Microsoft Learn.

Now until March 18, 2020

From March 18, 2020 until March 30, 2020:

• New posts – Post any new questions in the Windows 10 Installation, Setup, and Deployment forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview). The current forum will not allow any new questions.
    • Existing posts – Interact here with existing content, answer questions, provide comments, etc.

March 30, 2020 onwards:

* This forum will be closed to all new and existing posts and all interactions will be in Microsoft Q&A (Preview).

We are excited about moving to Microsoft Q&A (Preview) and seeing you there.

Learn More

Update Mar 6th: Please noticed that the below login issue has been fixed.

Update Mar 3rd: If you encounter login issue, please check following workaround: 

Some users are experiencing an endless cycle when signing into Q&A. This is bug and we are working on it caused because of lack e-mail notifications in their profile. Here is a workaround until the issue is fixed:

1. Go to Microsoft Learn and log out.
    2. Log in to Microsoft Learn and go to your profile.
    3. In your profile, go to Settings and add an e-mail address for notifications.
    4. Click on Save and return to Microsoft Q&A.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:35 AM

All replies

• Hello Kate,

Thanks for above information.

Will existing points and reputation I've earned in current forums (Technet) will be transferred to Q&A now or some time in future?

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Thursday, February 27, 2020 10:01 AM
  • Hi Kapil, 

Thanks for asking this. As I known, currently the feature is still in development during preview, MVP title would be kept, but points not, since these are two different platform. 

Thanks for your understanding, I will keep my eyes on new feature release, and let you know once done. 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 2, 2020 2:44 AM
  • First complaint, again with the round avatar frames. Terrible.

I was initially able to go there and set my avatar, but once I signed in I am constantly stuck in a sign-in/redirect loop. Network monitor shows it just constantly downloading the favicon and reloading the page. I've already whitelisted static.docs.com just in case. The link that has the loop is this one: https://docs.microsoft.com/_themes/docs.theme/master/en-us/_themes/global/external-sign-in.html?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fanswers

Monday, March 2, 2020 9:57 PM
  • Hi Tripredacus, 

Well noted this issue and thanks for your feedback. 

Please see my update for the workaround, and let me know if it also works for you. 

Since the platform is still in Preview version, the feedback is very useful for us to get it improved. 

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:48 AM
  • Thanks Kate for the information. I'll be waiting for future updates!

Regards.

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, March 3, 2020 1:12 PM
  • That worked, thanks.
    Tuesday, March 3, 2020 5:42 PM
  • Hi Tripredacus, 

The log in issue has been fixed. 

Friday, March 6, 2020 8:38 AM
  • Additional feedback on the Preview (not sure where to put it)

1. Default list view of topics shows a green "answers" icon on each thread, but they are not answers. They are replies. It gives the false impression that the question has been answered, that a solution to the question can be found inside. Answers icon should only be green if an actual answer can be found inside.

2. Entering a thread from one of the tagged categories, then replying, the page reloads to the main forum, not the tagged forum.

For example starting here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/windows-10-setup.html

and replying to a post, instead of reloading the thread to see your reply, or going back to the tagged section you started from, you end up here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/index.html

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:52 PM