Lync 2010 + SBC + Edge Server RRS feed

• Question

• We have this infrastructure:

PSTN/NGN <> SBC <> Mediations <> Front-End   (SIP Trunk exists)

We want to deploy a Edge Server. I suppose that infrastructure is like:

PSTN/NGN<> SBC <> Mediations <> Front-End   (SIP Trunk exists)

Interner <> Edge <> Front-end

I suppose that I must to add and configure a Edge Server, but the rest of topology is the same, not ??

• Edited by Rivers75 Tuesday, August 5, 2014 2:59 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 2:10 PM

Answers

• The SBC design doesn't change, it will still be Internet <> SBC <> Mediations <> Front-End   (SIP Trunk exists)

You will need to deploy an Edge server and Reverse Proxy, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/gg398918.aspx

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Lync Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Lync Server 2013.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 2:17 PM
  • Correct, the SBC design is not changed with the introduction of an Edge server. The Reverse Proxy is used for Mobile client, Simple urls (meet.domain.com), address book etc... Does that answer you question?

Blog
    Lync Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Lync Server 2013.

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:09 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:05 PM

All replies

• The SBC design doesn't change, it will still be Internet <> SBC <> Mediations <> Front-End   (SIP Trunk exists)

You will need to deploy an Edge server and Reverse Proxy, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/gg398918.aspx

Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 2:17 PM
  • It's not Internet <> SBC <> Mediations <> Front-End   (SIP Trunk exists), is:

PSTN/NGN <> SBC <> Mediations <> Front-End   (SIP Trunk exists)  ....but you understand..jejej

About Reverse Proxy, I think is not mandatory....only if you want do download address book and other things...

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:01 PM
  • Correct, the SBC design is not changed with the introduction of an Edge server. The Reverse Proxy is used for Mobile client, Simple urls (meet.domain.com), address book etc... Does that answer you question?

Blog

• Marked as answer by Rivers75 Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:09 PM
    Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:05 PM