none
Windows 10 blue screen - BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO RRS feed

• Question

• Bought new PC ASUS M32CD with Windows 10, 8 GB RAM 1 TB HDD 2 weeks ago.  This morning PC booted up no login and originally said something was wrong on the hard drive please restart the computer. Now we get the above and the repair does not work.  Attempting to restore to last good point.  Is taking forever and thoughts?

System restore failed:  Details: An unspecified error occurred during system restore (0x8000ffff).

Very strange, as above system restore said it failed, system rebooted ok and gave message that restore completed successfully.
    • Edited by WorkingEd Sunday, March 6, 2016 2:59 PM Fixed?
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi WorkingEd,

Did you get a BSOD issue? Is it available to boot into the system now? Are there any error messages recorded in the Event Viewer?

If it is available to boot into the machine, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.

If it is not available to boot into the machine normally, we could try to boot into safe mode to have a troubleshoot. If it is not available to boot into safe mode, there may be a hardware issue.
    If it is available to boot into safe mode, please upload the dump files(SystemRoot%\Minidump) to OneDrive and paste the link here. We will make a deep analysis for you.
    Considering this is a bland new machine, it must be in warranty. We also could try to ask for help from the device retail center.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:01 AM
  • Yes, I was finally able to boot the PC by going back to the previous point.  When I looked in the error logs it appears the the update from Microsoft failed or was somehow corrupt.  I'm not at the computer right now but we seem to have a new issue to go with this now.  Edge, File explorer, and the action center will not respond.  I ran Malware Bytes on the system and found nothing.  Defender will not come up either.  Only thin I can find in the logs is two updates from Microsoft.  When I get to the PC this evening I will update additional information including uploading the dump files.  We thought a bout the retailer/manufacture but after 30 minutes on hold this seemed the better option since it appears it is a software issue.  HDD tests fine.

Upload is done to https://onedrive.live.com/?id=root&cid=5947B3E9B3D8054B

• Edited by WorkingEd Monday, March 14, 2016 11:27 PM Upload
    Monday, March 14, 2016 8:34 PM
  • Hi WorkingEd,

The Onedrive folder is empty. Please re-upload.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:42 AM
  • If I can get the PC up again.  ASUS tried to help my wife resolve the issue this morning and now she tells me it just continues to recycle and gives an error code each time.  I have a Flash drive ready to attempt a fix.  Any last minuet suggestions.
    Wednesday, March 16, 2016 8:03 PM
  • Hi WorkingEd,

"just continues to recycle and gives an error code each time"
    What is the exact error code you have got?

"Any last minuet suggestions"
    We could perform an in-place upgrade repair with a Windows 10 installation media. Boot from the installation media and choose "Upgrade" install. It is the last method we could try before we perform a clean installation and it won`t affect the personal data and configurations.

Best regards

Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:44 AM
  • Thanks for the info, by the time ASUS was done I couldn't get anything to work so it's going back.
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:08 PM