none
Protected Baselines - not foolproof?? RRS feed

• Question

• With Protected Baselines enforced I cannot (eg as a PM) set or clear Baselines 6-10..which is great..but it appears only to work when attempted from the Set/Clear dialog box in Project Professional.  If I add the column Baseline Finish 6 into my table I find that I can amend, save and publish changes.  Have I missed something here or is stopping PMs from not altering certain snapshots of dates not possible?   Thanks in advance.

Monday, September 6, 2010 6:50 PM

All replies

• I hope the following article will give good picture:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197622.aspx

Save Protected Baseline:

Allows a user to save a protected baseline or clear a protected baseline associated with an enterprise project published to the Project Server database. Grant this permission to project managers who have to save baselines in their projects. Baselines are saved by using the Set Baseline functionality accessed from the Project Professional ribbon on the Project tab in the Schedule group. Click the Set Baseline button and then select Save Baseline or Clear Baseline. Protected Baselines are in the range of Baseline 0-5 inclusive. Only users who have Save Unprotected Baseline, Open Project and Save Project Category permissions are able to save Baselines in Baseline 6-10.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 12:25 AM
  • Hi, sorry this doesn't solve the issue.  Even with the above permission in force, I can still manually edit the dates in any of the Baselines 6-10 and the changes are saved..so it looks like the permission does not fully lock down the data??
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:05 PM