Reference for NVMe Storage Controller PCIe Detail entries? RRS feed

• Question

• In Device Manager, right click NVMe Storage Controller, properties,details tab, property

there are several PCI entries with values. I was wondering if there is a reference somewhere that can decode what the values mean? 

I am particularly interested in:

PCI current link speed

PCI current link width

PCI current speed and mode

PCI max link speed

PCI max length width

Any help or assistance will be greatly appreciated. TIA

Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:52 PM

Answers

• I'm going to mark this as answered.Using @ different PC with PCIe with known PCIe devices and using HWINFO64, I was more or less able to determine  what the various values in these entries mean. 
    • Marked as answer by rocketjetz Friday, June 14, 2019 2:27 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 2:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I understand it, a PCI Express (PCIe) bus is always used to a request and data transfer.

The value reported is the current PCIe transfer rate of the GPU, more precisely the negotiated PCIe speed between the PCI Express Root Port (controller) and the GPU. It's based on the actual status of the PCIe link.

The wiki below could provide more information about PCIE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:19 AM
  • I'm going to mark this as answered.Using @ different PC with PCIe with known PCIe devices and using HWINFO64, I was more or less able to determine  what the various values in these entries mean. 
    • Marked as answer by rocketjetz Friday, June 14, 2019 2:27 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2019 2:27 PM