none
SSO(NTLM) to an application fails running on Windows 8 from some PCs, successful from other Windows 8 PC RRS feed

• Question

•  am deploying an application on Windows 8.1 which has SSO enabled (uses NTLM). There are two examples: good and bad. The only difference that has been determined between the two is that in a failure scenario, the wireshark trace show that NTLM negotation is wrapped up by the GSS-API Generic API.

In case of good login (again on Windows 8.1) there are no GSS-API messages. It has simple NTLM Secure Service Provider message (no GSS-API).

Additionally, in a bad trace i have also seen the INITIATOR_NEGO and INITIATOR_META_DATA.

Both these cases and login happen with same Os (8.1), same client application. In order to determine if this is application problem, i want to find a way in which i can make the bad login scenario testwithout the GSS-API wrapper. But i cannot find a way to disable it on the OS.

There should be one i believe, because two same OS, one uses GSS-API one does not. Anyone can help me with this and share ideas?

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:45 AM

Answers

All replies