How to change Hotmail Exchange Settings (eg. ImapForceICalForCalendarRetrievalOption)? RRS feed

• Question

• i need to change some settings of my Hotmail Account (eg. ImapForceICalForCalendarRetrievalOption) because my outlook can't display Meeting Invitation (just a web link), and i found this link.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/timmcmic/2013/11/10/office365-pop-and-imap-clients-receive-owa-links-for-calendar-invitations/

this link told us to change PopForceICalForCalendarRetrievalOption&ImapForceICalForCalendarRetrievalOptionbut i got the following error.    i am using free hotmail mailbox, how to change?

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.of
    fice365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $LiveGred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
    New-PSSession : [outlook.office365.com] Processing data from remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the follow
    ing error message: [AuthZRequestId=1e86aeb3-ae3c-4d12-b6e6-e5779d4f98dd][FailureCategory=AuthZ-CmdletAccessDeniedExcept
    ion] Failed to get group accounts sids of user S-1-2827-409600-2240630158. Exception: AuthzInitializeContextFromSid failed for User SID: S-1-2827-409600-2240630158. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    At line:1 char:12
    + $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -Conne ...
    +            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (System.Manageme....RemoteRunspace:RemoteRunspace) [New-PSSession], PSRemotin
       gTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : IncorrectProtocolVersion,PSSessionOpenFailed
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 9:30 AM

Answers

• OK, sorry about that

It's ok :)

By the way, if my reply is helpful to you, could you please help mark is as answer to close the thread so that others who might have a similar issue and see our discussion here can benefit from your post? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

sorry, your answer is not helpful to me.
    • Marked as answer by CACLP Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:36 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi CACLP,

Thanks for visiting our forum. Then sorry but here we mainly focus on general issues about Outlook desktop client, so I am afraid little we can help regarding your specific question about changing Exchange settings for your hotmail account.

>> i need to change some settings of my Hotmail Account (eg. ImapForceICalForCalendarRetrievalOption) because my outlook can't display Meeting Invitation (just a web link), and i found this link.

Does this problem only occur to your hotmail account and can be reproduced in other Outlook clients or even OWA? 

If this is the case, it is recommended to post a new thread to the following Answers community for outlook.com for better assistance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:04 AM
  • OK, sorry about that
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:19 AM
  • OK, sorry about that

By the way, if my reply is helpful to you, could you please help mark is as answer to close the thread so that others who might have a similar issue and see our discussion here can benefit from your post? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:30 AM
  • OK, sorry about that

Regards,

Yuki Sun

sorry, your answer is not helpful to me.
    • Marked as answer by CACLP Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:36 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:36 AM