Backup problem after Forefront Client installation RRS feed

All replies

• So this is usually handled by a process exclusion and probably will be in this case as well just as an FYI...

-Is this just on one server or multiple systems?
    -Is the OS 2003 or greater (process exclusions don't work on W2K)
    -The process we are excluding must be started after FCSAM service... so if you modified locally the FCS client on the server with a problem and added the .exe for the backup exec process.. if it was already running you need to restart that service for it to take effect.  Typically if the service for BE is set to start automatically at system startup then we will need to make the BE service dependent on the FCSAM service so that FCSAM starts first on a system reboot.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:32 PM
  • So this is usually handled by a process exclusion and probably will be in this case as well just as an FYI...

-Is this just on one server or multiple systems?
    -Is the OS 2003 or greater (process exclusions don't work on W2K)
    -The process we are excluding must be started after FCSAM service... so if you modified locally the FCS client on the server with a problem and added the .exe for the backup exec process.. if it was already running you need to restart that service for it to take effect.  Typically if the service for BE is set to start automatically at system startup then we will need to make the BE service dependent on the FCSAM service so that FCSAM starts first on a system reboot.
    CSS Security Support Engineer (FCS/MBSA/WUA/Incident Response) Check out my blog http://blogs.technet.com/kfalde

Hi Kurt,

1. Multiple Systems.. including Exchange 2007 (already configure exeptions for db and logs)
    2. OS is 2003 or greather
    3. I'll check... but what kind of process i need to make dependent, cause the biggest problem are on a file server.

Thanks and regards,

Emerson
    Emerson Moraes
    Monday, April 13, 2009 6:35 PM