none
Folder Redirection Help

Question

• Hi,

I've changed the location on the server where the user's files should be kept. I've got a folder called 'Files' which is shared on the network and in 'Files' I've got a folder for each domain username. I've updated the path for the Desktop and Documents folder redirection policy and the only domain user that the folder redirection applies correctly to is the main domain Administrator. In the screenshot below you can see how I have it set on the server but a standard domain user is logged in on the client machine and it's still using the old path which isn't there anymore hence why it's offline. It looks like something is very weird with the sharing watch what happens when I try to share the folder: https://youtu.be/7Dx1nC6KLI0

Nicholas
    @NicholasHayman

Friday, October 14, 2016 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In the screenshot below you can see how I have it set on the server but a standard domain user is logged in on the client machine and it's still using the old path which isn't there anymore hence why it's offline

>>>to change the path of folder redirection, you need try to set the folder redirection to local profile location like below. Then configure the setting to the path what you want.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 3:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In the screenshot below you can see how I have it set on the server but a standard domain user is logged in on the client machine and it's still using the old path which isn't there anymore hence why it's offline

>>>to change the path of folder redirection, you need try to set the folder redirection to local profile location like below. Then configure the setting to the path what you want.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 3:39 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates?

If the replies have resolved your problem, please mark it as answer as it would be helpful to anyone who encounters the similar issue.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Monday, November 07, 2016 11:52 AM