Broke the custom themes function? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to create a new custom theme that would do a wallpaper slideshow of some 1200 pictures.  They're all large format, stored locally.  I pointed to the folder, saved the theme and.... Nothing.  Black solid color screen.  I've been through the bug where Windows just creates new themes (discussed in other threads) with black solid color backgrounds.  I've deleted out all of those, and tried creating a new theme without saving it.  Still won't show a picture, nor will it load any other theme or any other picture.  I'm down to just changing from one solid color to another.

It's not a power setting - I've checked that.  Win 7, 64.  Core2 quad, 8gb RAM with a GTX 285, so processing power shouldn't be an issue.  I really don't want to have to do a format and reinstall, since I did one of those just a couple of months ago.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Monday, October 11, 2010 6:28 PM

All replies

• Oh, and I forgot - now, if I try to add a set of pictures to my unsaved theme, it will show that the background is a slideshow, and then switches itself back to a solid color.

:-|

Monday, October 11, 2010 6:29 PM