none
Can't See Google Logo or other pictures on Google Website RRS feed

• Question

• I am helping my neighbor with her new laptop, moving pictures, files, etc. from her old one to her new one. Everything looks good, except for one thing: I set Google as her home page, and it works fine, except that the Google logo does not appear; instead, there is the small box with an "x" in it.

I have tried the following: Tools-> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset....to no avail. I have also tried the above pathway, then checking to assure that the "Show Pictures" option is checked in "Multimedia," also to no avail. I have also gone to Tools -> Compatibility View Settings -> then added 'Google.com' -> Add" ...also to no avail. So now I'm out of ideas. Other websites, such as Amazon or whatever show up fine, with pictures and all. Any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

She is running IE 11.0 on a HP 15 laptop, with Windows 8.1 64-bit OS.
    Friday, November 6, 2015 12:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Rob.

Greetings from the U.S.

Thanks for that reply; I am going to copy and file it in my "Computer Maintenance" folder, for future possible use, if the need arises. However, I just figured out what the problem was...sort of. There was some kind of conflict between Google and Avast, the antivirus software which I had installed on her laptop. I uninstalled Avast, then reinstalled it, and the problem went away. I don't know what the actual problem was, of course, but at least now it works, so I'm happy with that. Maybe a corrupt file, somewhere.

Anyway, thanks again, my Aussie friend. As you guys say, "Good on ya!"

• Marked as answer by Rayroshi Friday, November 6, 2015 4:10 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 4:07 AM

All replies

• HI,

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Trusted sites icon>Sites button, remove all sites including google.

Close and restart IE for the full changes to take affect.

consider uninstalling the google toolbar.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Friday, November 6, 2015 2:07 AM
  • Hi Rob.

Greetings from the U.S.

Thanks for that reply; I am going to copy and file it in my "Computer Maintenance" folder, for future possible use, if the need arises. However, I just figured out what the problem was...sort of. There was some kind of conflict between Google and Avast, the antivirus software which I had installed on her laptop. I uninstalled Avast, then reinstalled it, and the problem went away. I don't know what the actual problem was, of course, but at least now it works, so I'm happy with that. Maybe a corrupt file, somewhere.

Anyway, thanks again, my Aussie friend. As you guys say, "Good on ya!"

• Marked as answer by Rayroshi Friday, November 6, 2015 4:10 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 4:07 AM
  • You can troubleshoot content issues with the dev tool (f12>console tab, refresh you page to display normally suppressed script and blocked content error messages.)

Security is only as strong as the weakest link... the nut that holds the keyboard.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Friday, November 6, 2015 4:36 AM