Teams file upload to Sharepoint document library fails RRS feed

• Question

• Here's the issue I'm running into:

We have the root Sharepoint Team Site for our client added as a Document Library into a separate Office 365 group MSTeam in the Microsoft Teams application. We can create and edit files in Teams without any issue but when we try to upload files it errors out stating that the upload failed and when refreshing the page it only shows a 0 byte file with the same name and file type as the intended upload.

I've tested uploading files using the Global Admin account which has ownership rights over both the Office 365 group MSTeam and the Root Sharepoint Team Site and it still fails to upload. However, if I add a Document Library from the Office 365 group MSTeam the upload works fine. Is this a permission issue or is it not possible to upload files to a Document Library that doesn't belong to the Team you're accessing it from? Or is this a different issue all together?

If any of this is confusing please let me know and I will try to clarify. I'm also not sure if I chose the correct Category/Forum for this issue. The options listed did not seem to apply to this problem.

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 3:28 PM

All replies