none
Business Data Connectivity Service Error - 'Sorry somthing went wrong' daily

Question

• Experts, any suggestions or anyone experienced this issue? Our production server that's running from Jan 2, 2017 until last week without any service application problem. We applied the Windows Security Patch which also included some SharePoint security I believe and we applied on SharePoint servers. Also made a PS sync on each of sp servers. However we encounter one issue everyday soon after the patch and reboot on the BDC application errors out.

If I reset IIS, the service application works again. This was 7th day today consistently it goes corrupt or errors out overnight and morning unless I reset IIS, it wont function.

Will you please suggest any permanent fix?   I was planning to create/provision new BDC application but there are tons of customization, other database BDC user profiles, properties exist and don't want to do that.

Any suggestions or fixes ?

Many thanks

Shri

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Shri,

Which the Security Patches are installed on Windows and SharePoint server?

Please check ULS logs once the issue occurs, see if there are more specific error message about this issue.

Besides, please provide the screenshot about the issue.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:33 AM
  • Thanks Linda.

Here is the error page. When I click Technical details, it provides ids. If I search in the log, there are 100s of tasks but there is nothing BDC breaking related.

These are the updates we applied on the WFE servers and database servers.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:34 PM
  • Hi Shri,

The images are broken.

Could you please upload them again?

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:13 AM
  • Thank you so much Linda for the follow up. Sorry I was caught on other work. I still have this and I have temporarily written a script to reset the service everyday morning. If I stopped it, its still errors out between 12am - 6am.

Here is the screenshot

Friday, May 05, 2017 8:06 PM
  • Here is the log details I could capture after enable verbose

The BDC Service application Business Data Connectivity Service is not accessible. Event 8085: The HTTP service located at http://SharePointwfe2:32843/528248becbeb4e169b9d07979399461a/BdcService.svc/http is unavailable.  This could be because the service is too busy or because no endpoint was found listening at the specified address. Please ensure that the address is correct and try accessing the service again later.

Friday, May 05, 2017 8:08 PM