none
PWA is not showing all Task Updates under Schedule Owner's Approvals heading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all:

PWA is not showing all Task Updates under Schedule Owner's Approvals heading.  Any idea what can be causing this?  Previously I had the problem that the task were not showing up in under the Resource's PWA My Tasks heading.  I fixed that (with Dale's help) by setting Assignment Owner to Resource Name.  Now that the resources can see their tasks and have begun updating and submitting them in PWA, not all the Task Updates are showing up in my Approvals section of PWA.  I looked to see if there was an Assignment Approver field I could manipulate on the Resource Usage view, but there wasn't.  Does anyone have an idea what the problem is? 

Looking forward to any suggestions of what I can do!

Thanks,

David

Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:14 PM

Answers

• Djoliver1 --

Open the project, apply the Gantt Chart view, and then temporarily insert the Status Manager column.  Examine the values in this column to make sure you are listed as the Status Manager for EVERY regular task (ignore summary tasks and milestone tasks).  If your name is NOT listed for every task, change the Status Manager value to your name on the incorrect tasks.  Afterwards, you must save and publish the latest schedule changes.  The updates from all team members in this project should appear in the Approval Center page for you.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Djoliver1 Friday, September 12, 2014 1:16 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:49 PM

All replies

• Djoliver1 --

Open the project, apply the Gantt Chart view, and then temporarily insert the Status Manager column.  Examine the values in this column to make sure you are listed as the Status Manager for EVERY regular task (ignore summary tasks and milestone tasks).  If your name is NOT listed for every task, change the Status Manager value to your name on the incorrect tasks.  Afterwards, you must save and publish the latest schedule changes.  The updates from all team members in this project should appear in the Approval Center page for you.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Djoliver1 Friday, September 12, 2014 1:16 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 9:49 PM
  • you da man, Dale! you did it again.  Thanks so much.  That was it.  I expected something like that, but never heard of the status manager field until now.  I'll make a note for next time.  And will mark your post as the answer.  Much apprreciated.  Thanks again.

David

Friday, September 12, 2014 1:16 AM
  • Djoliver1 --

You are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, September 12, 2014 11:59 AM