none
Error with DPM 2012 R2 Getting ID: 7 when attaching agent RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into an issue with DOM 2012 R2 that has me perplexed.  I have a two way trust with selective authentication set.

Domain A is where the DPM server is and Domain B is the target server.  I can ping the server from the DPM sever, I can attach to the \\Servername\admin$ share. I have added the DPM server to the Target server and added it to allow to authenticate and also added the DPM sever to the domain B DC to allow to authenticate via the security tab.  I was able to manually install the agent and do the setDPMServer command, but when I go into the DPM Console to attached the server from Domain B using the fully qualified name, Server.domain.com I get the following.   Unable to connect to the Active Directory Domain Service database. Make sure that the DPM Server is a member of a domain and that a domain controllers is running.  Also verify that there is a network connectivity between the DPM server and the domain controller.  ID: 7 Details: There is no such object on the server (0x80072030) Does this work using a two-way trust with selective authentication or is there something else I have to grant access to? Thanks Dan

Monday, April 10, 2017 7:23 PM

All replies

• Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 

Dan Shaw

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:35 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Was curious if you resolved this issue, as I have a very similar configuration, with the identical issue. I've scoured other forums with no joy.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:28 PM