Office 2010 "rearm" kills Skype for Business 2016 basic client as well RRS feed

• Question

• We deployed Office 2010 and Skype For Business 2016 basic client on a Windows 7 machine that will eventually be used as a master image for a Citrix eVDI configuration.  We have an internal KMS server for Office, so part of setup for the image is a "rearm" on Office so not all VMs will have the CMID.  Unfortunately, this seems to also kill the Skype for business basic client as well.  After the rearm, we are seeing "Error 25004" (product key invalid) errors.

I know the Skype for Business Basic client has a "key", but one was not required to install or use the client piece.

Any ideas or pointers would be appreciated!

Mike

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Welcome to our forum.

Did you find this error on the image? Or did you find this error after you deploy the image to a new machine?

To troubleshoot this issue, if you find this error after you deploy the image to a new machine, we suggest you don’t rearm Office to check if the issue persist.

In addition, we suggest you install Office 2010 and rearm it firstly, then install SFB 2016 basic.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Friday, December 16, 2016 9:40 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2016 8:53 AM
  • In the original "master" image, Office 2010 is installed first.  Then SFB 2016 basic, among some other additional apps.  Then Office is issued the "rearm", sysprep /generalize and capture the resulting image.  The tech said he has to "rearm" office so the CMID won't be the same on all the eVDI workstations.  I will talk with him about "rearm" office then install the SFB client to see if that changes the outcome.

Thank you for the reply.  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we are working on a major deployment and fires are erupting everywhere :)

Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:29 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Are there any updates for this thread?

Did the issue solve when we rearm office and install SFB basic then? If the issue has solved by my suggestions, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 3:44 AM