MOSS installation wizard installs as standalone RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have downloaded MOSS 2007 trial with SP2 and the installation wizard installs as a standalone. It does not give me any options, it just installs as standalone. I have uninstalled and re-installed and that did not fix the issue. Note: the same download applied on different server gives me this option, so I am thinking something on that machine makes the installation as a standalone. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Yassar

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:18 PM

Answers

• Hello All,

I was able to get it working and the issue was the server had SharePoint Express Search 2010 installed. Once I uninstalled the server, I was able to launch the installation and get my options.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Marked as answer by Yassar Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:31 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:31 PM

All replies

• Are you using the download from this site: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Trial Version?

If so, you need to first extract the media from the downloaded exe by running OfficeServer.exe /extract <path to extract> where path to extract is a folder to place the files in.

Once extracted you can run setup.exe and configure the farm from with the GUI installer as expected. Remember it will try to force you to use the standalone method twice, so make sure you update both choices.

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:01 PM
  • Thanks Jason for the reply. I have tried that method and got the same result, it went straight to standalone installation.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:27 AM
  • What do you mean it went straight to standalone? When you run setup.exe what does it do? It should prompt for the product key and then ask what type of installation you want. Does it skip all this?

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:41 AM
  • It asks for Product Key and once it verifies the key then I click on Next, it does not give me any option and start the installation.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:12 AM
  • Hi Yassar,

Could you please recheck the installation step with following reference?

Installation Guide for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Emir Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:53 AM
  • Hello All,

I was able to get it working and the issue was the server had SharePoint Express Search 2010 installed. Once I uninstalled the server, I was able to launch the installation and get my options.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Marked as answer by Yassar Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:31 PM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:31 PM