FTA`s Issue with Microsoft Office Picture Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am also facing an issue similiar to that FTA.

I am sequencing OneNote 2007 and it contains other shortcuts like Microsoft Office Tools.When i open any .jpg it opens with default Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7 Clean Build.Whereas with sequenced application it opens with Microsoft Office Picture Manager shortcut and this shortcut is available in the sequenced application.

Please find the following registry information after publish in the registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
    "Content Type"="image/jpeg"
    @="OISjpegfile"
    "PerceivedType"="image"
    "SoftGridSource"="{CD1373F7-5144-4A20-9A75-488D79DE3B12}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\OpenWithList\ehshell.exe]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\OpenWithProgids]
    "jpegfile"=""
    "OISjpegfile"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\PersistentHandler]
    @="{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

Now my customer is looking forward to open the .jpg file with default one and not with MS Picture Manager.

All the FTA`s included in the “Microsoft Office Picture Manager” shortcut are selected as “Merge With Local Key” as if we changed them to “Override Local Key” , .jpg file still opening with sequenced application.

I have heard that Softgrid FTA`s will be override the existing local registry keys.

Kindly help me in resolving the issue and to keep my FTA`s inside the bubble itself without overwriting existing ones?

I have heard that publishing the application per user basis using SFTMIME command and that also didn`t help.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:49 AM

Answers

• Hello,

After you are done sequencing - remove any FTA from the Office Picture Manager.

This can be done via the OSd-file or during the application configuration just after the monitoring phase. 

(or if you are using the management server - from the management console)

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:31 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

After you are done sequencing - remove any FTA from the Office Picture Manager.

This can be done via the OSd-file or during the application configuration just after the monitoring phase. 

(or if you are using the management server - from the management console)

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:31 PM
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 9:54 AM
  • Hi Znack,

I have deleted the FTA for that particular OSD file and now i am able to open .jpg file in default windows Photo Viewer.

Small Query:- I am very much curious is there any way that we can make these FTA will be residing inside the bubble instead of writing them locally.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:30 AM
  • Hello,

Yeah, just don't publish them (via the OSD), but keep the virtual registry entries. 

That may not yield the result you want - as FTAs are interacting with the user in different ways.
    /Znack
    Thursday, January 6, 2011 10:43 AM