none
Project Resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have allocated resources in a schedule and have the gantt rows coloured based on the resource name using flags. Which is perfect and what I want. However, when I change the resource percentage the colour of the gantt row changes to the default colour.

Is there a way that I can change the colour of the gantt chart based on the resource and adjust the percentage of time?

Thank you,

Derek

Saturday, January 30, 2016 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

my understanding: you are using flag fields with someting like [Resource Names] = "abc". So when changing assignment units, resource names get an percentage attached and your current formula results in False . Just try to use InStr(1;[Resource Names];"abc"), this should give the expected result.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:09 AM
  • Thank you for your response. It works.

However, I do have one resource file (all of our staff) that is shared across several projects. And it seems than when they are shared across more than one project the automatic colour does not change.

Thank you,

Derek

Saturday, January 30, 2016 3:22 PM
  • Hi,

I have just tried with an shared resource pool. It works fine, when I copy customized views and flag fields with formulas into all project files.

Regards
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Sunday, January 31, 2016 7:38 PM