none
some group policy not applied on windows 10 prof systems RRS feed

• Question

• Team,

we are using active directory into windows server 2012 R2 std. we have configured one policy name: lock screen computer base policy. the policy get applied on all windows systems except windows 10 prof.

can you please help me out to resolved this issue.

Regards,

Chetan Gawali

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

We should log on windows 10 prof,and run "gpresult /h c:gpresult.htm" in cmd to check whether the GPO have applied in this PC.

I am going to test in in my enviorment, so I want to know what are the specific settings that the lock screen computer base policy contain. 

Hope this information can be helpful, if there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Xiuxiu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:03 AM
  • Thanks Xiuxiu,

i have run the gpresult on one of the win10 workstation and in that screen lock policy has applied with error message. gpresult screen shot mentioned below:

lock screen policy computer base policy contain, when user locked out screen that time one jpeg image appeared which we mentioned in GPO. 

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, it seems that we are using "Force a specific default lock screen"setting,right?

We can see there is an error message in gpresult.html, so we should know the details of the error and check whether it is related with the issue.

Next we should run regedit to open the registry, and find the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization to see whether the LockScreenImage key exist.

Hope this information can be helpful, if there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,
    Xiuxiu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:01 AM
  • yes we have enforce it using group policy. and in registry also lock screen appeared

Thursday, January 16, 2020 8:18 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my research and test, this setting is just only applied to Enterprise,Education and Server SKUs.

So it seems that it is by design. Our windows 10 prof can not be applied.

Best Regards,
    Xiuxiu

Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:04 AM
  • thanks you for your valuable time and help. 
    Friday, January 17, 2020 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Xiuxiu

Friday, January 17, 2020 7:42 AM