none
Unable to update WinPE setting on a Deployment Share after updating to MDT 2013 Update 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been working on updating the deployment shares in our environment to MDT 2013 Update 2. I have successfully performed this operation on 4 deployment shares. However, I have 2 that are giving me the same problem after having updated the deployment share I went to modify the WinPE settings in the properties of those deployment shares. When I click on the WinPE tab the MMC crashes. The following is displayed.

Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap In

FX:{ffb8695a-66b4-4929-abb6-15cb8bd2ae3d}

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Looking for additional options other than what I have seen in various searches.

MDT 2013 Update 2 console from any system gets same error on these deployment shares. I can access other deployment shares using the same MDT 2013 Update 2 console and perform these functions without issue.

Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit 10 has been reinstalled.

Attempted to create a new deployment share from MDT 2013 Update 2 and get the same results.

Server where deployment share is located has been restarted.

Database entries in settings.xml file are there and have no values

Powershell is installed on the system where MDT 2013 Update 2 is installed.

Share perms are at "Full Control" for Everyone.

Other than opening a case with Microsoft are there any ideas?

Saturday, February 6, 2016 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hi

Have you tried to change the version on your deployment share - and upgrade the deployment share again??

In the deployment share \Control\version.xml

<version>6.3.8330.1000</version> ig you change this to <version>6.2.8330.1000</version>

The deployment share cannot be opened because it needs to be upgraded.

This fix have solved a numbers of different errors after MDT upgrade for me before.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by Vance Bohannon Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:38 AM
    Sunday, February 7, 2016 12:09 PM

All replies

• It is a mystery to me. I have never seen that error.

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Saturday, February 6, 2016 8:11 PM
  • Hi

Have you tried to change the version on your deployment share - and upgrade the deployment share again??

In the deployment share \Control\version.xml

<version>6.3.8330.1000</version> ig you change this to <version>6.2.8330.1000</version>

The deployment share cannot be opened because it needs to be upgraded.

This fix have solved a numbers of different errors after MDT upgrade for me before.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Marked as answer by Vance Bohannon Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:38 AM
    Sunday, February 7, 2016 12:09 PM
  • I edited the version.xml file as you suggested. I then reran the MDT 2013 Update 2 upgrade and now things are proceeding as expected.

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 11:37 AM