none
DPM AccessManager Service is crashing after running DPMSync -sync command RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We ran DPMSync -sync command on one of the DPM server and after this the command gave the following Error :

Error:

1. Failure in deleting S-1-5-21-3048424027-3357171119-2720522677-2130 from MSDPMTrustedMachinesGroup

2. Failure in deleting CORP\0001701F from MSDPMTrustedMachinesGroup

3. Failure in deleting CORP\0000E71B from MSDPMTrustedMachinesGroup

4. Failure in deleting CORP\000042CA from MSDPMTrustedMachinesGroup

And issue with the service crash started.

Followed the suggestions as mentioned in following technet articles no help - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh859271.aspx

We are not able to login to DPM database. As the service is crashing we are not able to open DPM console also.

Please suggest a solution.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 2:23 PM

All replies

• What was the purpose of running dpmsync -sync ?    Was the database restored after a DPM Server rebuild ?

Can you supply the exception details found in one of the msdpm*.errlog.crash files.  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:00 PM
  • I did had some of the same issue in the past:

I restored the DPM database.
    Then i did a dpmsync -sync
    It returned the kind of the same error: Failure in deleting "sidnumber" from MSDPMTrustedMachinesGroup.

I opened the local group on the DPM server:
    MSDPMTrustedMachines

And removed faulty sid from the local group.

After that i had to run an another dpmsync -sync, that one completed with no errors.

Iam not sure but i believe if you run DPMsync and it completed with errors the database is still in a sort of recoverymode (after the first dpmsync with errors i could not open the gui), after the second dpmsync completed succesfully the gui opened smoothly.

Please note, after a DPM database restore you must run an consistency check on all protected datasources.

• Edited by Rob--- Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:15 AM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:15 AM