none
Update massively RBS and Department field. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I deployed EPM 2010 in a big company...and I synchonized all users (+/- 1000 users)

I created an RBS and Departament field (filled out with values) but I need to select these informations for each user.

My question is to know if is there any tool to massively upgrade all Departments and RBS field.

Without to update every user manually (because I have more than 100 users...)

Thank you in advance for your time! and have a great day.

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

• Edited by Pedro Fraile Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:22 AM ortography
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:00 AM

Answers

• Pedrof,

I am unaware of any 3rd party tools to do this, therefore your best bet I believe is to try and groups the resources in such a way that you can either use the bulk edit tool for a selection of resources, or edit the selected resources in Project Pro, insert the dept / rbs field in the resource sheet, and then use the fill handle to drag the selected dept / rbs value to the other resources.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:58 AM
  • Thank you Ben.

I will do this...I will select in the PWA all the resources..and I will update them.

Best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

• Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:15 AM
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:15 AM

All replies

• Pedrof,

I am unaware of any 3rd party tools to do this, therefore your best bet I believe is to try and groups the resources in such a way that you can either use the bulk edit tool for a selection of resources, or edit the selected resources in Project Pro, insert the dept / rbs field in the resource sheet, and then use the fill handle to drag the selected dept / rbs value to the other resources.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:58 AM
  • Thank you Ben.

I will do this...I will select in the PWA all the resources..and I will update them.

Best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

• Marked as answer by Pedro Fraile Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:15 AM
    Thursday, June 7, 2012 8:15 AM