Microsoft Word Mail Merge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using Mac Os Mojave 10.14 version. I have Microsoft word version 16.18, Microsoft Outlook version 16.18, Microsoft Excel version 16.18.

I'm using Mail merge to email my contacts from an Excel sheet. It used to work pretty fine until yesterday night and it stopped working suddenly. When I do mail merge I'm selecting an option of HTML message in it. then it is showing these popups "Microsoft is unable to mail your document" and "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this database".  So now I'm not able to email anything. Can you please help me to solve this issue? It is really important and this is effecting my business.

Thanks and Regards.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any changes before yesterday? Have you installed any updates for any programs on Mac?

I found some users seems to encounter the similar issue as yours and fixed the issue after changing the font in Word document. Please check it in your scenario:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_word-mso_mac-mso_mac2016/office-for-mac-will-no-longer-mail-merge-documents/391f66b8-e143-4577-93d5-bcd0ccd88b57?messageId=c2583ac1-7926-4f85-a759-093b455cb3e0

If it doesn't work, please disable any anti-virus or anti-spam programs on current computer, then create a new profile in Outlook for Mac. Create a new document in Word, and check with the mail merge feature. Also make sure Outlook for Mac 2016 is set as default mail program on Mac.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 11:19 AM
  • Thank you so much for your Response. I just followed what you told and it is working now. I don't know why this problem persisted. All I did now is changed the font in word document and it worked seemless. 
    Friday, November 2, 2018 4:25 AM
  • Thank you so much for your Response. I just followed what you told and it is working now. I don't know why this problem persisted. All I did now is changed the font in word document and it worked seemless. 

Glad that it works and thanks for your feedback :)

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 2, 2018 7:12 AM