DHCP NAP and Ghost RRS feed

• Question

• I used to have a Ghost server that was running Ghostcast server.  Now that we are running DHCP NAP the Ghost server is no longer running DHCP.  I need to allow a machine to boot off PXE and connect to the Ghost server for imaging.  I added the Ghost server to my NAP Remediation Group and added Option 87 to my DHCP NAP server but this does not work.  First of all is this a possible configuration and secondly how do I do that.  Thank you in advance. 
    Friday, October 24, 2008 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

When a client computer is booting for imaging it won't be running the NAP agent service, so it will not be considered NAP-capable.

What kind of access do you have configured for non-NAP capable computers?

-Greg
    Monday, October 27, 2008 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When a client computer is booting for imaging it won't be running the NAP agent service, so it will not be considered NAP-capable.

What kind of access do you have configured for non-NAP capable computers?

-Greg
    Monday, October 27, 2008 10:30 PM
  • Hi Stakke77,
       Can you tell us bit more what exactly is not working ? Whether PXE client are not able to get IP Address from DHCP Server ?
    If so, can you quickly check in the DHCPServer on the Scope Properties whether that Scope is enable for BOOTP also ?

Thanks
    -RamaSubbu SK
    Sorry! Microsoft doesn't own any liability & responsibility for any of my posting.
    Wednesday, October 29, 2008 11:32 PM
  • Maybe this helps: You could create an an unauthorized vlan on your edge switch and put your ghost server in that same vlan.
    For example on a ProCurve switch the command is "aaa port-access authenticator [port #] unauth-vid [vlan #]".
    I've been successfully ghosting over the network with this method on dot1x ports.

-Dan

Edit: Ah, never mind, just re-read your post, this doesn't make sense with NAP/DHCP, only with NAP/dot1x.
    • Edited by dbau01 Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:55 AM
    Friday, October 31, 2008 11:00 PM